Is your lifestyle eco-friendly enough? Earth day is coming up soon and it¡¯s the best time of the year to evaluate your lifestyle for earth-friendliness. If it¡¯s not environment friendly enough yet, then you too can make slight changes in your day-to-day routine that will bring down your ¡®carbon footprint.¡¯ Considering that most of us spend a large part of our day at work, we can begin by implementing a green lifestyle at work. Listed below are few measures that are very easy to apply in your workplace:
- Energy Saving: To state the obvious¡ªat the end of your work day, or even while you go take a lunch break, or attend a meeting¡ªturn off your computers! Little measures like these will significantly bring down power wastage in your workplace. You could take this a step further and suggest eco-friendly power supply methods to your organization. Solar-powered heating systems are a simple yet effective example to bring down operational costs for any organization, while sensitive to the needs of the environment.
- Recycle Waste: The planet is battling with more and more waste generated by human populations every year.? In 2001 alone the U.S. had generated 409 million tons of non-hazardous waste! Do we even want to imagine where that statistic might be now?!?! Considering the fact that waste generated at work is far more than in our homes, a good way to start is by getting everyone involved at your workplace in a recycle drive. All that paper from those shredders and all those coffee cups need to go to the recyclers!
- Use less plastic and paper: Did you know that every year Americans throw away enough paper and plastic cups, forks, and spoons to circle the equator 300 times?!? According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency more than 2 billion books, 350 million magazines, and 24 billion newspapers are published each year! Where is all that paper going?…nowhere! It¡¯s right here on planet Earth and we are literally sunk in our junk! With these whopping figures in mind, we need to bring tiny changes into our day-to-day lives to cut down on paper waste.
- Eco-friendly promotional products: Take action against deforestation and plastic waste while you promote your business! The promotional product you choose to put your business logo on says a lot about how much you care for your environment. By choosing an eco-friendly product like a recycled pen made out of recycled paper and wood, for example, would speak volumes about how you care for planet earth while you promote your business at the same time.
- Commuting: If your workplace is at a walking distance, what could be better than keeping fit by walking it up to work everyday instead of using the car. You save on fuel costs and save the earth too! If you do need to commute by car, extend a favor to fellow commuters and bring them along with you to save fuel consumption and help curb air pollution at the same time.
Making these slight changes in your workplace will be a healing touch for the already ailing environment while helping to bring down business costs. So give it a go and go green!
To view a large variety of Eco-Friendly promotional products for your business promotion and to enjoy low price and discounts visit our website at www.promodirect.com