1) Be Genuine Networking is about building trust and relationships by being absolutely genuine and authentic. So avoid offering fake promises.
2) Identify Your Goals Identify your goals for participating in meetings and other networking functions in order to yield essential information on what you might be looking for.
3) Target Relevant Groups Visit as many relevant events as possible and interact with relevant groups of people to spark their interest in your company and its offerings.
4) Be Helpful One of the most significant tricks to enhance goodwill and achieve quick recognition is to be helpful. Helping potential customers selflessly by providing important information and guidelines will eventually uplift your power of networking.
5) Keep yourself In the Loop Call back people who you meet and offer them benefits from what you do. Express that you enjoyed meeting them and organize meetings to share business ideas.